Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH)
The HUD-VASH program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA provides these services for participating Veterans at VA medical centers and community-based outreach clinics. The HRA has 75 HUD-VASH vouchers.
- Must be eligible for VA health care services,
- Require and engage in case management services to obtain and sustain housing, and
- Are homeless. Priority is given to those veterans who meet the definition of chronically homeless and with high vulnerability.
The HRA obtains referrals for this program from the St. Cloud VA Healthcare System. For more information, or to apply for this program, contact Jamie Schmitz at 320-248-1459.
Mainstream Voucher Program
The Mainstream Voucher Program provides vouchers for low-income households that includes a non-elderly adult with disabilities.
- Household must have at least one member between the ages of 18-61 who is disabled.
- To qualify for a Mainstream voucher, you must be on the waiting list for HCV and fall within Minnesota’s income limits. (link to website). The HRA will also do a criminal background check screening for drug, violent and/or sexual criminal activity.
The waiting list is currently closed and no applications are being accepted.
Foster Youth Initiative Vouchers
The FYI Voucher program targets housing assistance to young adults under the age of 25 who are, or have recently left, the foster care system without a home to go to.
- Between the ages of 18 years and not more than 24 years of age;
- Left foster care, or will leave foster care within 90 days, in accordance with a transition plan described in section 475(5)(H) of the Social Security Act at age 16 or older; and
- Is homeless or is at risk of becoming homeless.
- Eligibility is not limited to single persons. For example, pregnant and/or parenting youth are eligible to receive assistance assuming they otherwise meet eligibility requirements.
The HRA obtains referrals for this program from Benton County, Sherburne County, and Stearns County Public Child Welfare Agencies.
Project Based Assistance Voucher Program (PBA)
The PBA program provides qualified households with monthly rental assistance. The HRA administers PBA contracts at four rental properties: Westwood Village Apartments One, Swisshelm Village Apartments One and Two, and Eastwood Apartments.